Thursday, March 6, 2014

Benefit Your Life Gluten Free Bakery

So many of you know that I work as a barista.  I was talking with one of my customers and found out that she is also Gluten Free.  We discussed how unfortunate it is that I am surrounded on a daily basis by some amazing goodies....that I can't eat.  Most days it's no big deal and I see it as a deterrent from eating everything in sight.  Other days, however, it really stinks starring at it all.  In fact, some days, I'm pretty sure I can hear it all begging me to eat it all.  Cookies and scones and chocolates....Oh My!

So talking to Abby, my sweet customer, she asked me if I was familiar with Benefit Your Life.  When I told her that I had never heard of it, her face lit up.  She started raving about this place on the other side of town.  Benefit Your Life is a Gluten Free bakery.....completely GLUTEN FREE!!!  Being from the west coast this isn't a foreign concept, but living in Knoxville it's unheard of.  She talked about how amazing everything that she's ever had from there has been.  She went as far as to say that the scones are the best scones she's ever had in her life.

After she left, I put my google-foo to work and looked up it.  I was so excited to check it out.  Cupcakes...cookies...scones.....it was like gluten free paradise.  They even have a little market selling all kinds of hard to find items for gluten free cooking.  You too should check them out!  Even if you're not local, they offer flat rate shipping.

Now as if this little tale couldn't get any better, Abby came back a couple of hours later and brought me the most delicious Triple Berry Scone.  It was moist and sweet and the best thing that I've eaten in a while.  I am excited to make a trip to Benefit Your Life this weekend and see what other goodies I can't live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment